The Sicilian Swede

Chicago Fashion Blogger + Style Curator

how to wear overalls

Got your first pair of overalls and not sure how to style them?  Check out the different ways I like to rock ’em!

Some types of overalls can be harder to style than other.  I have a longer torso than most women so unfortunately not every single pair works for me; so make sure you try them on!  Sometimes adjusting the straps don’t always help, they end up looking baggy and the straps fall down, totally annoying!

My go to with overalls is typically a fitted white tee or crop top.  It’s easy and works with any and all kinds of overalls.

overall croptop

But here I am showing you how to wear overalls with all sorts of different looks!  I love this white button down.  It’s not a crisp, stiff material so it’s comfortable and can be dressy or casual depending what you are going for.  It’s versatile!

Heartbeat necklace

I like juxtaposition and overalls are great for a mix and match, opposites attract sort of style.  Typically, overalls are not the most feminine look so I almost always pair them with high heels.  I think it’s a really great balance to be casual but cool with edge and it’s appropriate for almost any event, any time, any where.

Denim Overalls + Black Tee

Jan 31 2015_0284_edited-1

Don’t be afraid to layer over top of your overalls too!  Add a jacket, like my FAVORITE leather moto jacket!

Chicago River

TSS_4852

Or add a button down that you can also tie around your waist for another look that is super casual and cool.

Denim Overalls + Converse || @sicilianswede

denim overalls

See, it’s easy!  Don’t be afraid to experiment with overalls.  There are so many looks you can make, just be creative!

Ahh I just love overalls, I hope you all go out and buy a pair after reading this 🙂 !!!

Denim Overalls | The Sicilian Swede

Ciao ♥ The Sicilian Swede

SHOP SOME OF MY FAVORITE OVERALLS!

30 Comments

1. I’ve wanted to try overalls for a long time – love this style inspiration!

March 4, 2016 at 12:53 pm

Yay! you should! There are so many ways to wear them you are bound rock em somehow! Thanks for stopping by 🙂

2. ABSOLUTELY KILLING IT. You look super hot and comfy. I have one pair of overalls & now want another, or maybe four more. 😉 XO,
    Chloe

March 4, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Thanks, lady! I can’t get enough, I want another four pairs too…ah! Happy Friday 🙂

3. Love this post! Overalls are definitely a hard item to pull off, but this tips make it so much easier!
    Can’t wait to rock them
    xx
    Ana
    Indie Suns | Bloglovin’ | Instagram

March 4, 2016 at 5:08 pm

Yay! Glad I could help! I’ll look forward to a post with you in overalls soon then, ya? haha! Thanks for checking out my post!

4. You are killin it!! Overalls look fantastic on you!!

5. Very cute! I love the look of overalls, but I’m just not sure they’re right for me!

Karin | truncationblog.com

March 4, 2016 at 5:05 pm

Hi Karin! You could totally pull off overalls, oh my gosh! I’ve seen your blog and you could totally rock a pair of black leather overalls! Super minimal and chic. Thanks for stopping by! I love your blog 🙂

6. oh I love the leather jacket idea over the overalls! would not have thought to do that xoxo

March 4, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Thanks! It’s fun to be creative and try new things with fashion! Thanks for stopping by!

7. Seriously needed this. Thanks!

8. Just bought a pair but wasn’t sure what to wear them with. Thanks for the inspiration!!

9. I am so inspired by these pictures, you are darling. The last overalls I had were literally Oshkosh for adult overall…wasn’t really rockin’ the old man farmer look! Maybe I will start a search for fitted overalls! Love the casual look!

March 7, 2016 at 10:23 am

Hi Diana! Thank you so much for the comment, you are too sweet! There are so many cute fitted styles out there. My favorite are fitted distressed denim ones. But I also love my fitted faux leather ones too. There are so many fun styles, I hope you find some and rock em!! Thanks for stopping by!

10. I love that overalls are back!! My SIL was just rocking a pair last night and they’re so cute.

March 5, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Overalls are just so much fun! I am so happy that they are back and I can find them everywhere! For a long time it was hard for me to find them, I’ve always been a huge overall fan!

11. I think one key thing is that the bottom of your overalls fit more like jeans – they are not the same as the shapeless overalls I wore as a kid!

March 5, 2016 at 4:24 pm

Yes, that’s so true. There are so many different styles and shapes out there now, they have gotten so much cuter than what we wore as toddlers! 🙂

12. I have a pair of overalls and I wear them all of the time! I love the white button down top underneath and how they look with converse- I’ve been obsessing over my converse again lately, too!

March 7, 2016 at 10:20 am

yay! A fellow overall wearer 🙂 Thanks for the love. I just checked out your blog – so awesome, girl! Thanks for stopping by.

13. This is seriously so cute! I have always loved the idea of overalls but am too nervous to try it out. I feel I’m too chubby.

March 7, 2016 at 10:13 am

Don’t be nervous! There are so many different styles and fits! Skirts, shorts, baggy, skinny, etc.! You are bound to find a pair that looks PERFECT on you, trust me 🙂 I listed some at the bottom of my post – don’t be afraid to just try them out. You’ll love them, I promise! Thanks for checking out my blog 🙂

14. Oh my goodness, I can’t tell you how much I’ve missed overalls (I wore them in the 90’s.) If this really is a thing again, I’m SO in! I love all the looks shown here 😀

March 7, 2016 at 10:10 am

Yes, they are so in! You can find them everywhere now. I listed some at the bottom of the post – there are so many cute ones out there!! I hope you get back into them 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

15. Loving how you rocked the overalls in all of these looks! The white button up under a pair of overalls is quickly becoming a favorite look of mine.

Shannon
    Clothes & Quotes

March 7, 2016 at 10:16 am

Aw thanks, Shannon! You can’t go wrong with a white button up! I love that you can mix and match so many different pieces with overalls. They are just my fave 🙂 Thanks for the comment 🙂