The Sicilian Swede

Chicago Fashion Blogger + Style Curator

grey space

Grey space…ugh, I hate it;  a space filled with unknowns, uncertainty, confusion. I think it can be so scary!  I am such a black and white type of thinker, guilty of being too logical sometimes. Everything has a reason and everything has an answer.  Seems so simple to me.  I have a hard time embracing the grey space, can you tell? Haha. I always have a plan, structure and a vision of what’s to come.  Things should always be clear, right?! Well, let me tell you, they aren’t!

These last few months of my life I have been living in the grey space.  I am experiencing a transitional phase in my life where I have no idea what’s to come – career, life, love, etc. The plan, the structure, the vision of where I thought I was going to be is so different from my reality today. What’s weird is that I thought this transitional phase was going to be so scary and I thought I would have a hard time keeping things positive, but guess what?  I’m not scared.  I’m not exactly sure how it happened [probably because I have amazingly supportive and loving people in my life] but I let go of being scared, I let go of thinking ahead, I let go of worrying and I was able to embrace the unknown.  Don’t get me wrong, I have experienced moments of fear, anxiety, and even sadness. Change can be hard.  Some days I wake up feeling like I can take on the world and some days I wake up feeling defeated.  But the beauty of the grey space is you don’t know what can happen tomorrow.  Everything that has come into my life during this time has taught me something, even the let downs.  I’m learning things about myself and my life because I am trying to pay attention to the signs.  Usually, when I think in black and white, I get tunnel vision and miss so much around me.  I believe the grey space is ruled by the universe and if you can let go of the control you can learn to embrace uncertainty and fear.

I wanted to share this with you all because we all go through transitional phases in our lives.  Some phases may be harder than others but being scared is not the answer. Embracing what life throws at you is a gift.  Accept it.  Love it.  Pay attention to the signs and always know that everything happens for a reason,  even the bad things.  Even the hardest phases can turn into exciting phases.  It’s all about perception.  Keep your mind positive and your heart open and you can get through anything!!

In honour of the grey space, I layered up some of my favorite grey pieces 🙂

grey scarf

back shot, hands in pockets

hand in hair, grey sweater

grey on grey

grey rooftop

zara zippers

grey sweater

Ciao ♥ The Sicilian Swede

20 Comments

1. I loved reading your thoughts on this, it actually helped me feel a bit more motivated!! X

2. Holy hell. I NEED THOSE PANTS. Those are so hot. You look so great lady, what a perfect outfit for the beautiful weekend we had!

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Haha you are too funny Chloe! Let’s get something going so we can all get together! Blogger colab 🙂

3. You’re so beautiful. Omg!!

Where are your pants from? I love them.

And I totally get being in the “grey space.” You captured the essence of it perfectly. ❤️

Lauren

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Aw, omg what a nice compliment! Thank you. My pants are from Zara (this passed fall). Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment and checking out my blog!

4. Had a grey space period of time last year! Definitely a crazy transition. But got a lot figured out! Also, loving the grey ensemble 🙂

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Glad you made it through and figured a lot out! I think that’s why we have those phases, to realize things! Thanks for reading my post and sending a note 🙂

5. I feel like most of my twenties were spent living in a grey space, in fact, I feel like I still am! I think the best thing was realizing that it was okay to not have a clearly defined plan and remember to be flexible. Great, honest post!

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I think most of our life is probably living in the “grey space” because you can never 100% predict what is going to happen. Definitely being flexible is the right way to be! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment 🙂

6. Love the post! Great message.

7. Those pants are amazing! And they look fantastic on you.
    Transition/grey space can be a scary things to go thru, I find it can be hard to just let go and see what happens. But I also know sometime we just have to let go and trust fate…so that other doors can open up for us.

xo, jackie
    stylemydreams.com

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Thanks, Jackie! The pants are my favorite from Zara 🙂 You nailed it, sometimes you just have to have faith and trust things will work out. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment 🙂

8. So glad to read that you’re feeling motivated by your life instead of hiding from it! Transitions can be really tricky, but without them, life would be so boring! Keep taking those risks. 🙂

• The Sicilian Swede

February 22, 2016 at 8:27 pm

Thank you, Lydia! It’s not easy to do, it takes work and strength but sometimes you don’t have a choice, you have to keep positive to keep moving forward. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet note.

9. Twins for real today on the blog! I’m with you though on all your changes! I’m so excited to see where you go:) Let’s do drinks real soon!
    “xo, Jessica || The Petite Diaries

10. The amazing thing is that you can recognize where you are in your life! Having that sort of self-awareness is truly rare 🙂 Everyone goes through ups and downs but you seem to be handling your “grey space” pretty flawlessly!! Excited to see more posts from you!!
    Cheers,
    Kristi
    522 Envy

• The Sicilian Swede

February 23, 2016 at 7:21 pm

Thanks, Kristi!! I’ve spent that last couple of years really reflecting and learning about myself. Self-awareness is hard to learn, but it has helped me get through a lot of tough times. Ha, I wish I was handling the grey space flawlessly! There are still plenty of negative moments but I love to be able to share my stories with others in hopes to spread some inspiration. Thank you for your kind words!!